The Fresh Men and Ladies Orientation shall be an extensive three-day program that focuses on presentations on the academic practices, traditions and community.
Date: Starting on Thursday, February 24th, 2022 and ending on Saturday February 26th, 2022 at 9am.
Venue: Multipurpose Building, LUCG Campus
The Offices of the Registrar, the Deans of SOBAT, SOE and SOLAS as well as the Examination Officer shall play lead roles and supported by IT Services and the SRC.
Together they shall provide orientation information concerning campus accessibility.
The Orientation shall cover various topics of interest for new students. It is intended:
- To welcome new students and help them to adjust and adapt to University life
- To expose new students to facilities available in the University towards making university education a rewarding experience.
- To expose new students to the rules and regulations that govern students’ life and welfare on the one hand, and academic work on the other hand
- To inform students about their rights and responsibilities, privileges and obligations with respect to fellow students, the University authorities, statutory bodies, and to themselves.
- To expose students to appropriate study skills for effective University education.
The Orientation is mandatory for all incoming students.